8/17/09

Rethinking Kippot


I recently changed my mind about wearing kippot. I used to believe that I should never wear them because I don't believe in god (I don't even capitalize the "g" or do that lame dash thing because spelling his name out completely is blasphemous) and wearing a kippah would mean showing my fealty to an entity I don't believe in or care about respecting. But if someone is so offended by my yarmulke-lessness presence in their place of worship, then I will go ahead and don the silly hat because what do I have to lose? I don't care if people see me wearing it and assume I believe in god, because I just don't care what people think about my beliefs because they're personal. I do care enough, however, to not offend anyone in that way. Or should I take the stance that they shouldn't be offended by my uncovered head in the first place?

1 comment:

  1. so...why do you wear one all the time, then?

    ReplyDelete