11/8/09

Thoughts on the Thesis

I've done this several times now: stay up late for no real reason just to work on my thesis. You might say, "the reason is to work on your thesis." Yes and no. I haven't been staying up late to work on my thesis because I have something due tomorrow. No; the reason (one does exist) is my love for what I am doing. I have retained enjoyment of my chosen subject and, hopefully, I will always retain this love. Jouissance! Can I make this emotional appeal to graduate schools? "Hey, I don't know three languages, but I fucking love this shit and have devoted considerable time to it already! Just please let me in your PhD program so I don't have to beg my parents for money/take out loans!"

But does past dedication correlate to future dedication? Grad schools think so, right????

No comments:

Post a Comment